Sunday 12 August 2012

Wooden Floor Colour Scheme

In this task I had to create colour schemes that included wooden floor boards.
Personally I find wooden floors can be very over-powering and I dislike the golden glow that shines off particular woods.

For my first colour scheme I took the golden floor boards and tried to create a design that captured your attention so that you weren't drawn to the intense glow of the wood. I used a split complementary colour scheme, the red-orange of the chair grabs your attention and the highlight of teal creates a really fresh look with the wooden floor panels.


In this scheme I have chosen a wooden floor paneling with a dark finish. This gives the room more depth and I personally think this gives the wood a richer, more natural look. 
I have added the orange couch to give the room some colour to brighten it up. For this design I have gone with a Triad colour scheme, the orange couch, purple wall paper and the tints of green in the wooden panels create an overall sophisticated and elegant aesthetic.


By Alice Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment