Wednesday 8 August 2012

Interior Colour Scheme - Nina Daniels


I was given the colour lavender to work with as i am not particularly fond of it.
At first I found it difficult to decide how to approach my colour scheme. By using lavender in small amounts I was able to achieve a few colour schemes which I was happy with and did not totally dislike.

 The first is a Complementary scheme which uses lavender in the skirting and also in the furnishings. A small amount of yellow is present in the painting and the furniture has a soft golden glow.



The second is an Analogous colour scheme. The use of lavender is subtle in the wallpaper and has been balanced with a deep purple vase. The sofa and part of the wallpaper have a green tint to them. Blue has been used in a small amount in the ornaments. This colour scheme has a pleasant, relaxed feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment